I came upon a video on YouTube yesterday called 21 Tiny Habits to Improve Your Life in 2021 Effortlessly. Being a self improvement junkie, it really caught my eye. The effortlessly part didn’t hurt. Here are the 21 tiny habits in a nutshell:
- List 3 things you are grateful for.
- Say no once a week.
- Exercise for 1 minute upon waking.
- Invest in experiences.
- Organize your home.
- Throw things away.
- Manage your money.
- Stand up every hour.
- Follow tis simple proverb. “Quand on a pas de tete, on a des jambes”. When we don’t have head, we have legs. Accept what is done is done.
- Ask open-ended questions. This keeps the conversation going.
- Turn off notifications.
- Prepare your clothes.
- Watch the news less.
- Drink more water.
- Discover one thing a month.
- Make your bed.
- Spend one minute a day with yourself.
- Ask yourself whether what you’re doing is worth it.
- If a task takes 2 minutes, do it right away.
- Take care of your posture.
- Read for 15 minutes a day.
These look very do-able and sustainable. I have been doing some of them already. Number 8 is supposed to be the hardest. It shouldn’t be a surprise since we are such couch potatoes. It’s a good one for me since one of my goals is to be in motion more. Let me stand up now. I did my one minute exercise of stretching first thing this morning. I do make my bed every morning. I only watch small news in the evening. I think I drink enough liquids. I’m in the bathroom quite often. I’ve started asking myself whether what I’m doing is worth it. I meditate every morning sitting in perfect alignment for #20. I do read enough to make it 15 minutes a day.
Habits are worth looking into. They can improve our lives a bit at a time. I’ve experienced their big impact already in this month. I feel more at ease and have more time for myself. #18 and #9 have spoken the most to me.