STILL SOMETHING

Well, hello there.  It is Thursday and I have a story for Friday Fictioneers. We gather each week to tell stories of 100 words or so according to a photo prompt. We are hosted by Rochelle Wisoff-Fields of Addicted to Purple.  Anyone can join in if so inclined.  Here’s my 100 words.

mg-buildings

PHOTO PROMPT © Marie Gail Stratford

It was a long ways down.  Her hair fluttered across her face. The moving traffic below made her dizzy.  She pulled back from the edge, stumbling.  Her heart caught in her throat and she had to bend over to catch her breath.

Tears streamed down her face.  She was not good for anything.  No brains.  No looks.  No money.  No courage.  How was she going to face everyone, anyone? She was such a failure.  Now what?

She stood and wiped her eyes and blew her nose.  An anger rose in her.  She had, still has something after all.  Her stubbornness.

This entry was posted in Fiction and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to STILL SOMETHING

Good for her. Stubbornness is a good …um…jumping off place. Well done.

2. jellico84 says:

Too stubborn to die… good one! 🙂

3. oldentimes says:

Thumbs up for ‘stubborn’! I hope that realization brings her to understand her importance to the world!

4. Jan Brown says:

A happy ending, thank goodness! If she is stubborn enough to believe her self worth, she’s got a great chance. Nice story.

5. Hope shines in your writing, your kind comments and the love reflected in Sheba’s eyes when she looks at you.

6. This is quite edgy….I’m glad she is stubborn!

7. IfeomaO says:

After all nobody ever succeeded by giving up 🙂 good job

Good for her. Great emotion and resolution.

Stubbornness can come in handy sometimes. Nice story!

10. madamewriter says:

Well, thank reason for stubbornness! Well written piece.

11. Good for her. I hope that stubbornness makes her a fighter. Somewhere along the line some children lose confidence. Shame on anyone who causes that reaction. At some time someone has probably done that to the mental abuser and they just pass it on by hurting others. Good story and well written, Lily. —- Suzanne