I’m sitting here, wishing that I could get rid of the day…the excess baggage from work that often comes home with me. And so I read and write, re-channeling my energy to a more positive outcome. Looking at the pumped arms of the motorcyclists in the photo above guides me in a better direction. …hello to happiness, goodbye to sorrow! Ridding my sorrows can be as easy as that. Stop thinking. Put in periods. Do something else.
I came across someone’s blog tonight about bucket lists, travels and adventures. I found myself wishing that I could be like that. To myself, I sounded quite whiny, not an attractive trait at my mature age. I had to do a quick inventory of my life instantly. I did not want to feel lacking, wishing for this and wishing for that. I needed to kick myself and tell a different story.
My life is no small story! My bucket list is full of travels and adventures of the spirit as well as landscapes:
- I was born in China. Lived in Hong Kong between 6-8 years old.
- Moved to Canada at 8.
- Went to university, business college, took a nursing course
- Travels include NYC, Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, revisited parts of China, Europe, Ghana…
- Been a waitress, secretary, cashier, nurse
- Am a daughter, sister, aunt, lover, mother to my dog
Isn’t that quite impressive? And I am still kicking, fighting and laughing.