Click, Clock! Click Clock!

It’s Thursday.  I’ve been missing my 100 words and Friday Fictioneers.  I’ve dusted off my fiction cap and joining in again.  We’re hosted by Rochelle Wisoff-Fields of Addicted to Purple.  Our mission is to write a story of 100 words inspired by a photo prompt.  Here’s my story to Amy Reese’s photo.  Hope you enjoy.  If you like, you can join in and tell your story.

from-amy-reese

from-amy-reese

My footsteps were so loud.  Click, clock!  Click, clock!  They echoed down the long empty corridor.  I paused and listened.  Was someone following me?  I held my breath.  My skin tingled with anxiety.  Only the thudding of my heart was audible.  Slowly, I turned my head and glanced over my right shoulder.  No one!

I let out my breath.  My shoulders relaxed and dropped.  I started my steps again – slowly and on the tips of my shoes.  The EXIT sign flowed in the distance.  Just then came click, clock.  Click, Clock.  CLICK, CLOCK!  I picked up my heels and ran.

This entry was posted in Fiction and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Click, Clock! Click Clock!

1. Laurie Bell says:

Run!! A great piece full of tension. I wonder what they are running from? I hope they get away

2. ellenbest24 says:

Oh my, *whispers* never look behind…

3. rgayer55 says:

That’s an eerie feeling. Don’t look back, something (or someone) might be gaining on you.

4. jademwong says:

Oh gosh, run and never look back!! Great story filled to the brim with tension!

It’s good to see you back. Good build of tension. I wanted to run, too.

6. Liz Young says:

You clearly haven’t lost the knack! Lots of tension here.

Ha! This is exactly how I felt when I was in this place. It didn’t help that everything echoes. Very well captured tension and dread. Excellent, Lily.

8. Great tension in the story, Lily. I’ld run also. Good action and writing. 🙂 — Suzanne