Tête-à-Tête

It’s not quite Friday but it’s close enough for me.  I’ve missed Friday Fictioneers for the last few weeks.  I miss the telling of a story in 100 words.   Once again, let me thank Rochelle Wisoff-Fields of Addicted to Purple for hosting us. I hope I haven’t lost my words somewhere in the vineyards of France.

PHOTO PROMPT-Copyright-Melanie Greenwood

PHOTO PROMPT-Copyright-Melanie Greenwood

How dare you!” Alice huffed. She stood, pushing back her chair. Hands on hips, she glared down at the young woman.

Her eyes were met with cold stony blankness. She knew by the proud tilt of the head that she had gotten nowhere. She accepted the obvious. She was tired of it all.

Alice sighed heavily. She put the chair back neatly under the table. The young woman made no move. The tears were gone. Her face was smooth and calm like marble.

C’est la vie. Alice thought to herself. It was time to stop the words and just live.

This entry was posted in Fiction and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Tête-à-Tête

1. Interesting! I wonder who the young woman is and what Alice was trying to convey to her…

2. I believe this is a breakup of a relationship between the two women, with Alice far more seriously affected. Or maybe not.

3. johnbarb416 says:

I love the way you write. I can really picture the mood and attitude.

4. Sandra says:

Charged with emotion, but why? Intriguing.

5. You’ve left it so open – I like it. A nicely written scene.
    Claire

I’ve felt this way talking to my children. I wonder where this is going. Nicely done.

7. dmmacilroy says:

Dear Lily,

Charged with intrigue, but why? Emotional.

Aloha,

Doug

8. Lovely and more to know. Wife and the “other woman”?

9. Glad Alice can just let it go for now. Sometimes that’s the only route one can take.

10. Alice Audrey says:

Great scene, Lily. You take us through a range of emotion.

11. When the frustration level reaches this point, it is time to let go….
    and maybe let God.

Randy

12. Lily, Good story. It would make a great hook for a longer story. Sometimes getting angry just makes the other person more obstinate. Alice is taking a wise course. Well written. — Susan

Thank you, Susan. I was thinking of using this to launch into a longer story. And you are right about the anger. It’s good to have another’s insight.

13. Margaret says:

It seems that their relationship has been deteriorating for a long time. You convey the conflict well, and give good insight into the dynamics between these two, even if the specifics off the disagreement aren’t revealed.